We have been aware that engaging with social media can influence your search engine ranking results for quite some time now. Google have made various statements about how they are increasingly monitoring social media, culminating in the announcement of their new +1 social feature.
So, now it is official, what are the best ways to capitalise on using social media, to improve your search engine rankings?
1. Develop Your Social Media Profiles
A large percentage of social media sites will allow you to create a profile about you and your company, including a link back your website. Developing your social media profiles on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and many more social media websites offer great link building opportunities and will also help to create a greater awareness of your products and services.
2. Leverage Your Content
Creating quality content will attract other websites to link to you naturally. Engaging with social media enables you to attract these type of links more easily and it is the many distribution possibilities offered by social media, that makes it such an important part of your SEO strategy.
There are many different ways to leverage your content for social media; some of the primary methods are as follows:
- Issue regular new blog posts containing high quality content
- Promote your new content on Twitter on a regular basis
- Establish a Facebook business page and post your content on your wall
- Create a Linkedin account and add regular new content
- Promote your content via various social bookmarking accounts
3. Engage In Online Conversations
Social Media as the name suggests is all about being social. By participating in online conversations you will develop valuable social signals that will help to improve your search engine rankings.
Examples of some of the ways that you can get involved in online conversations are as follows:
- Retweet news you read on Twitter and add in your opinion
- Get involved in an industry discussion on Linkedin
- Comment on issues and provide advice on relevant industry forums
- Comment on relevant blog posts
- Share information via a relevant Facebook business page
It is important to remember that when engaging in online conversations you should remain professional, knowledgeable and authentic at all times.
There are many other ways to use social media, that will help to boost your SEO efforts and ultimately your search engine rankings on Google and other major search engines.
If you found this Social Media post helpful, why not download our FREE Social Media Marketing Report, right now!
As ever, please feel free to comment on this post