Contextual link building is a highly effective link building strategy and research shows that Google values these type of links more highly, as they appear far more natural than a web page containing nothing more than a simple list of one way links. The reason contextual link building is so powerful is because the links are placed inside the relevant body text area of a web page rather than appearing out of context, as separate standalone one way links.
Contextual link building is more difficult than building traditional one way links, but can be achieved by writing blog comments and producing keyword rich articles, that include a couple of embedded links within the content. These articles should then be submitted to the various social media websites rather than specialist article directories, who do not allow embedded links within the main content.
The main reasons why contextual link building is more powerful than standalone One Way Links, are as follows:
- Contextual links are placed within the body text and are surrounded by other content
- Contextual links look more natural to Google and the other main search engines, such as Yahoo and Bing
- Contextual links carry more weight than traditional standalone one way links.
- Contextual links do not get removed over time and are considered a more permanent type of one way link.
- Contextual links will help to improve the number of visitors to your website
By developing a contextual link building strategy you will find that the overall link popularity of your website will improve dramatically along with your search engine ranking results.
f you found this post helpful, why not subscribe to my Blog by RSS Feed or Email and receive free Professional SEO Tips and Internet Marketing information, direct to your in box.
As ever, please feel free to comment on this post